CPI-CATJOINT for fuperior cathodic protection , it is a monolithic isolating joint which effectively and efficiently stops short circuits and stray currents from damaging pipelines and equipment. Employs one or more, preassembled pressure seals and isolating ring. Unlike isolating gasket kits, CPI-CATJOINT does not depend on an installer fitting gasket, sleeves and washers into a flange on location. Any one of these parts could be damaged causing a complete breakdown of the isolated flange, thus loosing cathodic isolation. Because are welded into place as one piece units, field problems are virtually non-existent and the integrity of the isolation is kept intact. Furthermore, once installed, CPI-CATJOINT can be buried and forgotten ending your maintenance worries. In contrast, inspection pits and vaults must be used to monitor below ground isolation gaskets. And constant visual inspections of above ground isolation gaskets are necessary to check for shorts in the gaskets. This requires a continuing maintenance program during the entire life.
No loss of integrity due to thermal expansion or ground stress as is common with flange insulation gasket kits. 100% tested hydrostatically and electrically, to 1-1/2 times working pressure. Non-destructive testing is also available.
Maintenance-free, reliable cathodic isolation of equipment in required isolation applications such as compressor stations.
- No labor intensive, complicated installation procedure required as with isolation gasket kits
- No inspection pits, vaults or maintenance needed – weld into place and direct bury – reliable, worry-free cathodic isolation.
- Non-conductive epoxy coatings help prevent shorts, both externally and internally.
- Isolates stray currents impressed on the pipe from exterior forces such as electrical transmission systems, earth currents and currents flowing from point to point.
- Excellent bending and torsional resistance.